Maven Advisors is currently seeking an experienced independent contractor for a BI Analyst role with one of our Chicago based clients as part of our BI Program Services Team. This role will lead the end-to-end BI requirements process including requirements scoping, gathering, analysis, and management. The BI Analyst will interact directly with BI stakeholders and help facilitate the overall relationship between the business and BI technology team. Contractor must be based in the Chicagoland area. H1 Visa’s will not be considered for this role. Applicants from third party consulting firms and recruiters will also not be considered.
Roles and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities for this position will be in the following areas:
- Facilitate interview and group sessions to determine requirements for data, reports, analyses, metadata, training, service levels, data quality, and performance
- Recommend appropriate scope of requirements. Contribute to project estimating efforts
- Work with architects to translate requirements into technical specifications including the identification and assessment of potential data sources.
- Help validate and refine the data warehouse design to ensure that it continues to satisfy business requirements and service-level agreements.
- Help develop and refine methodologies, approaches and models related to the business and data analysis functions of the client
- Assist with the development, documentation, validation and refinement of complex business rules governing data cleansing and transformation
- Assist data modeler with the development and validation of the various models with end-users
- Responsible for assuring deliverables are of the highest quality and meet user requirements through the coordination of UAT testing and QA processes
- Utilize the client’s BI tools to demonstrate functional requirement with users including the coordination of prototype reviews
- Contribute to training content and provide user training on the use of data warehouse data and business intelligence analytical tools/reports
The successful candidate will have the following minimal requirements to be considered for this position:
- 7-10 years of business/data analysis with 2-5 years working in multiple subject area data warehouse initiatives in a client-facing capacity
- Understanding of formal BI project methodologies across the entire life cycle, with expertise in requirement solicitation, management and testing methodologies
- UAT testing leadership/coordination experience
- Proven oral and written communication skills; excellent business presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to think logically and analyze application and business process requirements and accurately convert them to design specifications
- A thorough understanding of relational databases, data flow diagrams, and data models, especially related to modeling and populating dimensional structures
- Experience using business intelligence or analytical tools for business purposes strongly preferred
- Experience in writing SQL or using a query tool against a databases strongly preferred
- Some experience defining transformational data processes preferred
- Experience with “Big 4”, large BI/DW consulting, or BI/DW technology vendor professional services organization highly preferred
- College Degree required. Advance business or IT degree preferred.
- Corp-to-Corp contract arrangement with Maven Advisors highly preferred.