BI Data Architect
Maven Advisors is currently seeking an experienced BI Data Architect (contract or contract-to-hire) to serve as an advisor for one of our Midwest based clients as part of the BI Program Services Team. This role will be responsible for defining the data warehousing, analytics and reporting information architecture for our Client in compliance with company-wide and industry best practices. This consultant works closely with business partners and technology teams to define the organization, storage and flow of data to support effective information delivery to business consumers. The BI Data Architect also develops data standards that address the requirements of both business and technology users, and partners with technology teams and other firm-wide organizations to influence adoption and enforcement of information standards.
Roles and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities for this position will be in the following areas:
- Responsible for defining the Client’s data warehouse information architecture in compliance with corporate best practices and standards
- Create a robust, sustainable architecture that supports Client requirements and provides for expansion given Client’s budgetary constraints and availability of data and skilled resources
- Work with Client to review business drivers, needs and strategies and assess the implications to the information / data architecture
- Identify, assess, and document business requirements for information / data, and advise Client on options, risks, and costs versus benefits
- Help communicate business data prioritization decisions to the relevant Client technology organization(s) in order to plan and develop timely business solutions
- Contribute a business or process perspective during the database and information flow design reviews
- Perform and/or provide oversight on all logical and physical data modeling activities within the Client’s data warehouse
- Manage and participate in any data discovery and analysis efforts as part of the project initiation phase.
- Assist in the creation and successful execution of testing scenarios that ensure the information / data flows according to the information architecture design
- Provides deep knowledge and expertise in data modeling, data warehousing, business intelligence and data integration
- Stay engaged on relevant data warehouse and business intelligence industry ‘best practices’ and make recommendations for adoption by Client where appropriate
The successful candidate will have the following minimal requirements to be considered for this position:
- 7-10 years relevant BI/DW work experience, technology implementation experience a plus
- Prior experience building and deploying multiple successful data warehouse implementations
- Proven data architecture skills, especially in relational and dimensional data modeling and physical database design of decision support systems
- Data modeling, database administration, capacity planning, and performance tuning experience
- Experience defining and designing data quality measurement, management, and improvement solutions with complex data integration processes
- Strong conceptual design and analytics skills with an ability to balance theory and practical reality
- Strong problem-solving skills in complex, multi-vendor computing environments.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical topics to management and non-technical audiences.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills, especially in driving consensus among senior technical and business resources.
- Understanding of data warehouse project management methodologies and tools
- College Degree required. Advance business or IT degree preferred
- H1 Visa’s will not be considered for this role. Applicants from third party consulting firms and recruiters will not be considered.