BI Project Manager
Maven Advisors is currently seeking an experienced independent contractor for a BI Project Manager role with one of our Chicago based clients as part of our BI Program Services Team. This role will manage the end-to-end project lifecycle with oversight of both analysis and development resources. The BI Project Manager will be responsible for scoping, planning, executing, and monitoring all aspects of the project to ensure delivery is both on schedule and within budget. Additionally, the BI Project Manager will facilitate the relationship between technology and the business at the project level. Contractor must be based in the Chicagoland area. H1 Visa’s will not be considered for this role. Applicants from third party consulting firms and recruiters will also not be considered.
Roles and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities for this position will be in the following areas:
- Defines the project management standards, guidelines, and discipline for the Client project.
- Manages the project scoping and estimating activity
- Manages changes in project scope and resource requirements based on change requests and the decisions of the Client stakeholders, sponsors, and/or governance board.
- Collaborates with key Client customers to ensure expectations are in-line with project goals and objectives.
- Drives issue resolution through issue and risk management. Escalates issues to the appropriate decision making body.
- Completes a risk assessment/risk mitigation plan for the project.
- Specifies the quality assurance process that will ensure the overall quality and continual improvement of the project deliverables.
- Oversee testing team to ensure thorough testing of modules / applications / interfaces
- Collects and analyzes actual costs, time and scope to ensure delivery against the plan.
- Develops the communication plan for key messages, project updates, and key decisions that will be used throughout the project.
- Builds strong relationships between client IT and business teams as well as other third-party vendors.
The successful candidate will have the following minimal requirements to be considered for this position:
- 10+ years of technology project management experience with working knowledge PMI methodology. PMP Certification highly preferred.
- 5+ years of specific Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence project management experience with direct responsibility for managing the entire BI/DW Development Lifecycle.
- Experience managing geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups including mixed off-shore / on-shore resource models.
- Proven proactive communications skills to build trusting partnership with business stakeholders, BI technology team and other third-party technology resources
- Experience with “Big 4”, large BI/DW consulting, or BI/DW technology vendor professional services organization highly preferred
- College Degree required. Advance business or IT degree preferred.
- Corp-to-Corp contract arrangement with Maven Advisors highly preferred.