Business Analytics Consultant
Maven Advisors is currently seeking Business Analytics Consultant to join our Analytic Services team in a contractor, contract-to-hire, or direct hire capacity. Multiple opportunities exist for experienced and talented analysts and data scientists with strong business acumen and a passion for data discovery and solving complex business problems with information. Candidates should possess an intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial drive, structured thinking, problem solving skills, and innovator mindset.
The Business Analytics Consultant will provide hands-on analytical consulting services to key clients and must possess both a breadth and depth of subject matter expertise to support and deliver:
- Business Insights – Conduct hands-on, deep analytics on client/external data playing a significant role in team problem solving by utilizing the findings and business insights from analysis.
- Quantitative Analysis – Demonstrate knowledge and success with advanced analytic methods, data discovery approaches, and visualization techniques.
- Analytic Methods – Create and apply analytic frameworks to solve difficult business problems and strengthen decision making capabilities at senior levels. Apply quantitative methodologies to complex business problems across multiple industry issues and functional domains.
- Fact-based Decisions – Engage with and support executives in a decision process that is strengthened by analytics, leading stakeholders through the analytic process in a business-setting and translating analytic insight into business value and ongoing management capabilities.
- Knowledge Development – Advance the overall knowledge base of our clients by providing analytical rigor and problem solving that helps to develop new analytical approaches
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years overall relevant experience. 3+ years of prior consulting experience or demonstrated internal consulting role with a notable firm.
- MBA or Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline (Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or equivalent) highly preferred.
- Relevant experience in target industry or functional areas a plus: Retail, Consumer Product Goods, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Healthcare, Higher Education
- Exceptional problem solving skills with extensive experience explaining business problems using quantitative approaches
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Strong communication and client facing skills. Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Hands on proficiency with and strong knowledge of advanced analytics and statistical modeling software tools such as R, SAS, or SPSS
- Experience working with data visualization and discovery tools like Tableau, Qlik, or another related analytics tool
- Located in Chicago strongly preferred but not mandatory. Travel required as necessary.
- Permanent U.S. work authorization required